Non-Toxic All-Purpose Cleaner
How to clean your home without damaging the environment
Home cleaning products bought from stores come in all sorts of formulas, containing tons of toxic chemicals, that are not only bad for the environment, but also for our health by acting as hormone disruptors and causing skin irritation, for example. They also come in plastic bottles that are later disposed of after use.
For a natural, chemical-free alternative, I make my own all-purpose cleaner that can basically be used for everything; kitchen, bathroom, surfaces, and window areas. It’s super easy:
- Fill a glass jar halfway with white vinegar
- Soak some citrus peels in it for a few days (3-7 days)
3. Dilute the solution by filling the rest of the jar with water
4. Pour into a glass/reusable spray bottle
5. (Optional) add a few drops of any essential oil for a better smell
6. Spray on the wanted area and wipe with a reusable washable cloth
** For tougher stains, sprinkling some baking soda before spraying will make them easier to remove.